The Merit Scholarship was a long-time dream of Harare International School and it became a reality in the 2012 – 2013 school year. HIS started with admission of two students in grade ten and the School continues to enroll two more students to grade ten every year.
Our Merit Scholarship is currently undertaken in March, and students from local schools apply for admission based on their academic merit, as well as their ability to add value to our student body – through leadership opportunities, athletics, and interest in perusing the IB Diploma, which is a unique opportunity in Harare.
Who can apply?
Students currently in Year 10/ Form 4
- Students who are fluent, with a high standard of written and spoken English
- Proof of 7 or more A’s at “O’ Levels – High academic potential
- Students who are willing to study in a multi-cultural environment
- Students with personal integrity and drive
How to apply?
- Complete IB Scholarship Program Application form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining your interest in the IB Diploma Program and studying in a multi-cultural community.
- Include copies of your two latest school reports.
- Proof of 7 or more A’s at “O’ Levels .
- Include completed Form of Recommendation from your current Head Teacher/Principal or other Senior Teacher to evaluate your academic potential and personal integrity.
- Deliver complete application pack to 66 Pendennis Road, Mount Pleasant, Harare before 28th February 2019
For information about applying, please contact the School’s Communication Officer, Leila Johnson, at email@example.com